#7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-13, 06:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/206.4/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
The author of... a paleo book, forgot the name... Neanderthin! Had RA and used a paleo diet to manage it.

Ray Audette, I think was his name. You might try googling "paleo autoimmune arthritis".

I was diagnosed with an autoimmune arthritis, but that diagnosis seems to be turning into osteo-, which I still feel like is autoimmune, or close to. Anyway, I found that grains, especially gluten grains, make me much, much worse. Dairy is also something I think I have issues with.

Some people believe nightshades (tomatoes, eggplant, etc) might be problems. Others find legumes (peanuts, beans) to be an issue.

I think there's a lot of possible dietary treatments that can help. Do some research and be open to trying different things, you may be surprised.

Thank you, Nancy LC, for your input. I have not read Neanderthin; however, I have researched a bit on auto-immune diets and such and most do go back to the Paleo way of eating. I have read Paleo Solutions and a lot of it made sense to me. I am always open to new ideas, so I tried the Paleo lifestyle for a short while and always seemed to fail at it tremendously. I can always stay on Atkins with no problem, but could never seem to stick with Paleo. I guess Atkins is my comfort zone since I have eat this way for over 3 years.

I currently am not having flare ups, just the constant fatigue; however, I did notice that while I was attempting to eat the Paleo way, I would have flare's and I chalked it up to too much fruit, beans, etc (ie, too many carbs for my liking). Hmmm...something else to ponder.