View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-13, 10:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/132/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 139%

Yes most definitely Atkins has improved my RA symptoms greatly. I was finally diagnosed with RA last year after insisting that something was wrong and that my pain wasn't normal. My ANA levels were off the charts. Doc started me on Methotrexate in May 2012 which was horrid, nausea and vomiting. The next drug we tried offered no relief and it caused me to lose alot of hair.

I started Atkins this February but had a few flares until May and I haven't had one since. I feel much improved. I take a multivitamin every day plus Krill oil, chromium Picolinate, CoQ10, B12, and a combo of Calcium, magnesium, zinc and D3

My Rheumatologist does a blood test every six weeks and for the last 4 months my inflammation has been zero. Am I cured no because there isn't one but I would say I'm in remission. I still need to get my rest and I have to be careful of what type of exercise I do but this way of eating has been a godsend.

Stacy

PS. Adding back foods in premaintenance and maintenance has proven interesting. Jasmine rice makes my joints hurt the next day, beans are no problem, fruits were a disaster - my joints hurt the next day and I had horrible cravings even though I ate it with a little fat and protein. Dairy, thankfully and nightshade veggies do not cause cravings nor hurt my joints.