#75   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-13, 06:30

Plan: VLC
Stats: 265.4/238.8/199 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Dr. Ede in her 4th week of her super ketosis diet has tried to add cream. Her ketones went way down, her BG went up. It sure looks like it spiked something for her.

http://diagnosisdiet.com/ketosis-week-4/

Interesting. Thanks. I'll have a look.

I consumed a lot of cream (and other dairy) during my high ketosis experiment. I was able to get into deep ketosis and stay there easily. Also, during this dairy-free experiment, I'm disappointed with my BG. But... right now I'm very happy with the experiment over all. It's only three weeks, so I'm not ready to declare it a success yet. I wanted to stay with it at least four weeks, and at this point I'm thinking I'll extend it another four weeks past that.

So far I've lost 10 pounds (keeping in mind that going into this experiment, I was badly off plan so some of that might have come off just going back to low carb, including dairy; but compare that with the 2 months of hard work it took to take off 10 pounds on the high fat diet, and I kept that 10 pounds off for a few days, then I started gaining again).

I feel good (i.e., not bad, not hungry - like I did with high fat). I'm sleeping well, and my mood is decent (again, unlike my experience on high fat).

At this point my feeling is this diet is sustainable long-term, and it's taking weight off. I'd like to see if the weight continues to drop and what happens to my FBG in the coming weeks.