View Single Post
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-13, 12:42

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Thanks for pulling up this thread, Pinot-Girl. I too was thinking I should check in. I gave up all dairy for three days. It was much easier than I anticipated, a non-event, really. That said, I had a doctor's appt last Wed that required me to fast till ~2pm. When I finally got home and had a cup of tea and breakfast, I wanted cream in my tea and cheese on my eggs, and I added them. Again, no big change.

I sort of stalled (a continuation of earlier stalling) while I was avoiding dairy, and since I added it back in, I've begun to lose again. I've decided if dairy makes any difference to my weight loss, it is slight at best and including dairy makes me a happier person.

Amongst the things I had blood tests for was insulin level which came in at low normal. This makes me think that the small amount of dairy foods I eat are not messing up my insulin levels. I'm glad I tried this, and may try it again if I stall later on, but I'm even more glad that, for now, giving up dairy did not make much of a difference.