View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 20:33
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF - My own rules
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I think it's important to remember that the scale is only 1 tool to assess but it doesn't tell the whole picture. I was really reminded of that today. The gym I attend does body scans and the last one I got was back in October of 2016 back when I was much stricter with my diet and much more consistent in workouts. My friend who is just getting back to the gym after some time off really wanted to get a new scan and wanted me to join her. I was very hesitant as my scale weight is 15 lbs higher than it was back in Oct'16. However I decided to face the music so to speak and get an accurate idea of where I am now. Well I learned today that all of my weight gain has been muscle & water. My fat mass is just the same. So even if I gained fat at one point, I've since lost it again. I know my body is more inflamed due to foot pain - a cause for some of the water weight. I also know I'm a bit looser on carbs than I was back then. I also know with the scan, some of the areas I've gained are where I want (biceps!). So even though the scale # says I've digressed, when I get the big picture, I've actually maintained or even improved. Because of this - I'm mentally throwing away the idea of a goal weight. I just want to be at a healthy body fat% so I will keep up with these scans and track my progress that way.
I've heard people say the scale 'lies' and today I TRULY understood what they meant. In other words what I'm saying - don't let that 5-7 lb increase make you sad