Thread: My symptom log
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-05-10, 06:53

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

Thanks Amanda - yeah it's not too bad once you get going with it and past the initial physical withdrawal.

Day 7.

Had the most awful migraine of my entire life yesterday. Puking all day and the pain in my head was unbearable. Came on after my morning coffee. I usually have a mild migraine once every 2 or 3 years, but never that ferocious. Maybe I should just stick to tea. I think my serotonin receptors are messed up from quitting, even with the lithium orotate which is supposed to be good for migraines!!!

Didn't chew any gum yesterday. Cravings to chew something are strong today. Weight holding.

Still feeling spaced out. Also have a new zit on my chin. However did sleep last night. Apparently feeling spaced out can continue for quite awhile - does anybody have experience with this? I would assume levels of neurotransmitters take awhile to re-establish themselves. I certainly didn't have this spaciness on Chantix - so it must be the un-filled nicotinic acetylcholine receptors still floating around up there. I read it takes 6 months for the brain to 'restructure' itself or whatever after nicotine withdrawal. That's fine, as long as this continues to get easier.

I was looking up nicotine gum withdrawal and sure enough, migraines have been documented. Well at least they have pills for that kind of thing and hopefully it won't happen again.

So everyday, or actually every time I get a craving, I step outside and honestly give myself a choice, but I make myself aware of the real situation. No such thing as one cigarette or piece of nicotine gum - it's an all or nothing choice. So then I am not stuck in some 'quit box' where I don't have a choice about anything.