View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-09, 19:11

Plan: Perricone weight loss
Stats: 247/208/170 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:
Default I use Glucator ...

I have taken glucotor for about 15 months, along with quite a variety of other products and food changes. I was able to reduce my Ha1c levels from 9.3 to 6 in three months have since maintained a level of 5.7 for 6 months. I am not on any diabetic drugs. I follow most of the recommendations in Michael Murray's books call How to Prevent and Treat Diabetes with Natural Medicine, and Perricone's anti inflammation diet / supplements as outline in his books, including his weight loss book. Jon Baron maker of Glucotor states that it is worthwhile trying many different approaches all and once, each one helping somewhat. I think he is correct. Somethings I have done that I think help: quite coffee, consume green tea; chamomile tea ( I grind 1 teaspoon green tea leaves, chamomile flowers with 3 teaspoons of sesame seeds, then eat the mixture); eat many soluble fiber sources ( blueberries. prickly pear cactus pads ( fresh ), buckwheat. Raw buckwheat seems more anti-diabetic, eaten in smoothies or as gruel. I grind up many of my supplements in my smoothies, along with the soluble fiver sources. I gulp down thin past of turmeric and fenugreek powder ( 1 tablespoon each ) chased by a table spoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar (diluted with water ). This will lower my blood sugar about 30 points in 1.5 hours. I try to limit my carbohydrate consumption to 30 grams or less in any two hour interval, coupled with 15 grams of protein. I am more concerned about control my diabetic tendencies than weight loss at this time. I am doing what I can to overcome insulin resistance. I am somewhat active, when I am good I treadmill ( inclined ) about 300 calories worth. I notice when I am attentive with all my approaches, I can have morning fasting levels between 91 and 98. When I drop the ball, my fasting rises to 135, but has not climbed to 175 where I was when my diabetes was discovered. If you expect one product to solve all your problems, you will probably be disappointed.