View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-12, 21:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Anyone who had to battle childhood obesity

I am sure someone out here has started a thread like this before...

Anyway, I need to share some of the heartaches I suffered from being a fat kid. I am 43 years old and there are some memories that still bother me. I realized that one of the reasons it hurts so bad is because I was set apart, I was not included in the group, I was on the outside so badly wanting to be "one" of the girls/guys or whatever. I have a 6 year old daughter and see how innocent and fragile she is. I just can't understand why kids are so cruel to each other at times.

Anyway - Here is one of my stories (probably the most painful). I figure it's is healthy to share. And welcome anyone else who would like to share their childhood memories/scars.

In elementary school we had the pledge of allegiance every morning and sang America the Beautiful. The lyrics start with "O beautiful for spacious skies, For amber waves of grain"..but some kids decided to change it to "For amber weighs a ton" and sang it very loudly in front of the entire school. I wanted to cry, die, hide, hurt and felt just about every other emotion in the world when that happened. I still cry when I think about it.
Sponsored Links