View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 10:10

Plan: General LC (was Atkins)
Stats: 168/145.8/155 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:32%/24%/?
Progress: 171%

Since I'm typative (talkative) this morning...

Eat breakfast

Always have, always will. Caveat now is that it's low carb and moderate fat, and NO sugary fruits! IMO macros are key to whether breakfast is ultimately helpful or not.

Don’t obsess over labels

I do obsess over labels, by most standards. No reason to choose a product with added sugar over one without because I know how sugar impacts my body. More people should read the labels & vote with their wallets on what ingredients go into our foods!

Eat low fat/high protein

I would rather be fat than eat low fat! But then I'd be eating high fat and some protein, and I'd be skinny. Sooo the dragon eats his own fatty tail on this one...

Take up yoga

IMO it's not a magic bullet. But if it suits you, go for it.

Be progressive

Yes, I think you have to be willing to change and adapt to maintain. You cannot go back to old habits, and you cannot let bad new habits creep in even if they look healthy from the outside. You have to be prepared to re-evaluate and back up a step to choose a different path if the one you are on is not successful! If the path with more exercise works for you, then trot along.

Go for a walk

This I completely agree with. Teach your children to enjoy walking every day. It's one of the best habits my parents taught me.

Don’t go too low

I also very much agree with not hammering your metabolism to lose weight too rapidly.

And now, off I go to walk the dogs! Cheerio!