Old Wed, Jul-24-13, 16:48
Registered Member

Plan: paleo and ketogenic
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Just stick with it. You are close to your goal and your body may or may not think it you need to lose. If your body thinks it will be a good idea, it will happen. If not, you may not be able to reach goal without compromising health. I'm 5'3" and when I was younger and got below ~120, I stopped menstruating (it happened 3 of the 3 times I got below 120) - that was obviously too low a weight for me. You have to balance it all.

Also, you are building muscle with your weight training and as you know, muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat. If you are losing inches, you are losing fat and gaining muscle. Who cares what you weigh in the end? Looking/being leaner is a much worthier goal.

Who was it the other day that said the first thing Low Carb teaches is patience? It's true.

well thank you for the reminder, I just need to be patient and be happy that I have my health and the ability to workout. Yes, I know you must be right on the muscle issue, so be it. Just need to be healthy and focus on all the good things... thanks