View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-09, 21:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/103/115 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

Quote:
Maintainers, with their determined ferocity about preventing regain have discovered valuable secrets. They have learned how to be healthy by using the scale as a kind of thermometer that takes the temperature of their general well-being. When weight starts to rise, a return to cleaner eating, brisker physical activity, better relaxation, longer sleep, and increased mindfulness will lower not only pant size, but blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol as well.
This is true, and it's the reason I've stuck with the weekly weigh-in. It tells me both when I can indulge a bit and when I need to be a bit more vigilant. And being more vigilant has meant not skipping exercise as well as taking more care with what I eat.

Because most of the medical establishment is so leery of Atkins, it also caused me to look closely at the nutrition value of my diet. I track that for a month once a year every year on Fitday and adjust accordingly.

I love the phrase "determined ferocity." That's true, too. I don't care anymore if my diet bothers people, or if I have to send the server back to the chef to find out if they put sugar or flour into a dish. Tough. My body, my rules.