Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 19:06
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Need help - brownies

Hi Karen
Well, my mom started Atkins again and I'd like to make this as enjoyable for her as possible. Unlike me she is a sweets craver, and her favorite thing in the world is brownies. I know there are lots of brownie recipes floating around, but all of them don't really seem like they'll supply the quality we are looking for. We are looking for a deep rich chewy, fudgy brownie, you know what I mean? The kind where you bite into it and it's gooey and chewy, and the chocolate is deep and rich.

Is there anyway to replicate those properties while still keeping the carb count reasonably low? What products would we need to accomplish this goal?

Oh and one more thing, what books would you recommend to help a novice better understand the chemical properties of foods, flavors, textures, and teach you how to replicate them in a low carb lifestyle? I'm totally new when it comes to making LC imitation foods. I know staples like cauliflower=rice/taters, turnips = homefries, etc... but I'm ready to learn how to make really good muffins, cakes, and cookies too. I don't know what products to buy, or any good recipes unfortunately . So, the question I'm asking here is what's a good cookbook with amazing LC sweets/baking recipes? Is there a book that can help you learn what products produce what affect and how to stock your kitchen?

Thanks
Sponsored Links