View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-14, 23:31

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Interesting article, Coach Jeff, at least what I could make sense of. I was not able to blow up the graphs enough to read what I was looking at, but the text was mostly understandable.

I've been eating Low Carb for 10 years and VLC (<50 grams total per day) for around 4. My fasting glucose was always great, but A1c began running strangely high (5.7-5.9) about 7 years ago. Neither raising nor lowering carbs seemed to change it much.

And then about a year ago, my fasting glucose began to rise. My doctor ran my fasting insulin levels, expecting to find high levels, but instead it was the lowest level of normal (5 on this particular scale, with 30 being really high). I'm assuming it is physiological insulin resistance.

I've been keeping conscientious track of my FBG and PP levels intermittently for about 6 months. If I eat 3 moderate meals a day, fasting glucose is in the 90s or low 100s; PPs are seldom above 120. If I skip a meal or otherwise IF, my glucose levels go down to the 80s, but sometimes PP will go as high as 130. I'm not sure I understand quite what is going but I intend to read your article a few more times to see if something clicks.