View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 17:33
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Sens - thanks for the tip on the gloves. I was meaning to ask. Sometimes the heels of my hands get numb or sore if I'm doing a lot of downhill stuff.

I'm treading carefully with the carbs, too. I'm too chicken to try the protein bars or anything too carby. I figure I'm being brave with the fruit.

I'm still new to this. I've just been going along mainly on my lc fare. But if we jumped right into a challenging ride, or an incline, I didn't have the oomph. Endurance, no problem.

The apple or peanut butter seemed to help that the first time I tried. But then last time, like I said, I got a major attack of the hungries mid-ride. Could have been my breakfast too. I didn't have my usual protein intake because I was at the inlaws - a very carby household.

I'm going to try again - maybe CBG's approach of the split snack -- and see what happens. For most burns around the city of under an hour I don't bother. I don't find I need anything for that kind of ride.

Great to chat with you guys about this!

Okay, one last thing, and then I'll shut up. Karen - don't worry about your speed. It will come. What kind of bike do you have? Is it heavy or light? Since you already have the weight of the trailer to deal with, a light bike will help.

I can't believe how much lighter my new bike is than my old MB with the chromaly frame. That thing weighed a ton. It was a real drag and I was very slow. Fat, too, though.

Not that I'm recommending you run out and buy a new bike. Just a thought. Meanwhile - at least you're building up the muscles in your legs!