View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 16:38
Registered Member

Plan: TKD
Stats: 195/185/210
BF:
Progress: -67%

Shark, what are your IGF-1 levels now? How much GABA is in your product?

To Laura, you are comparing a supplement company's advertising to Atkins' book. Big difference. Atkins only recently came out with all his supplements (at least relative to when he wrote his first book)...if you wanted to just go to the library, check out his book, and eat the Atkins way without buying any of his supplements, you could. Also, there has at least been research supporting some of Atkins' claims...zero on Proamino or any of the other stuff...

Fine, "listen to your own opinion" or whatever, although from my vantage point it looks like you've just chosen to swallow an advertising claim with no evidence to support it. Hey, you two have already spent your money. My posts on this subject are more to give others in this forum a different view. I've been lifting for about 15 years and I've seen all the tricks of the supplement industry, and how they've changed over the years. The average-Joe (or Josie) is typically a few years behind the lifters in supplement hype, and usually much more dependent on the advice of a retail sales clerk....Hey, it's your money!