Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 19:29
Registered Member

Plan: paleo etc.
Stats: 212/199/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally posted by captxray
Hey! You want a recipe??? I made one up over the weekend...and was it great! I got a big glass bowl...oven safe...and filled it with chopped summer squash, zuccinni, spinach, four eggs (beaten), celery, four small onions, five cloves of garlic, about 14 cup of extra virgin olive oil...stirred them all up in a gooey egg mess...put it in the oiled bowl, turned the oven on to 350 degrees...and layed bacon strips all over the top of it...put aluminum foil on top of the bowl...tight, and cook it for about 3 1/2 hours...what a meal!!! It was great, and I have enough for the rest of the week...

Hey, congratulations Captxray, you've discovered ... ta da! ... the Frittata A.K.A. "extreme omelet."
i usually bake frittata in a big cast iron skillet (be sure to put some bacon grease in the bottom first). Using a wide pan like that considerably shortens the cooking time -- usually takes only about half an hour at the most. You can "finish" it by removing the lid and broiling the frittata for a couple of minutes. Yummy stuff!

foodie