#23   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-20, 13:31

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueVelvet
Surely there has to be some middle-ground there though. Adding a good fat to a morning coffee, is one of the suggestions I've seen bandied around in various places, as a way to up one's fats if one isn't naturally inclined to wanting to include it in the rest of their food intake (I for one find it kinda gross and unnecessary to fry foods in oil, when they can be grilled. I hate fat on meat and find heavy cream very sickly). But I want to make sure I'm ingesting enough fat in my daily menus. Adding coconut oil to my (otherwise black) coffee and blitzing until it's frothy has been a nice, palatable way of getting more fat in my diet. I'd hate to think that I was consuming way too much fat because of that??

You've got me worried now. I wish there wasn't so much conflicting "information" out there, making it harder for us to do right, when we're doing all we can to try and ensure we're following the rules.

In the end, its what works for YOU.

If having a bit of fat in a morning coffee is in place of a full breakfast, thats a huge savings in fat calories.

Fat in coffee is not in DANDR; not that I remember and Ive it a number of times. But he advocates FatFasts, which is snack size meals of very high fat, for just a few days. But no mention of fat in coffee.

I dont need fat in coffee in am. Skipping a traditional breakfast is the easiest meal to skip.

Dr W's program is s stricter version of DANDR. Both very very similar. Westman designed a very strick aka very simple program after spending sime time with Dr Atkins and tweeked it to better help his patients in dire need.

The goal is to move fat off our bodies, and less in our foods. Satiety is key to success. That is the bslance point.