View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Sep-09-18, 10:45

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Ms. Arielle- that is so cool. I went to the state fair a couple weeks ago, and saw a baby calf so young, mom still hadn't expelled the placenta.
I definitely have not gone for grass fed, it has been mostly a bite or two of Chinese delivery. The rest of my meat (poultry) is free range, so I should try buying some beef and letting my DH make it. He loves to cook and loves beef, so left overs are not a concern!

And yes, I was 128 pounds when I began seeking treatment. I was so thin due to a very serious neurological illness i had a few years back. I was a healthy weight and dropped 40 pounds. I recovered and gained 18 pounds back, but struggled to do so. I was told getting my weight to 138 would be ideal for pregnancy.
I fluctuate with the hormonal treatments, but I am about 130. The cause of my infertility was found to be a dwindling number of eggs, not related to being a little thin. For reference my BMI is 19, so considered healthy although apparently 20-25 is best to conceive.
And yes, I'm on folic acid- I know we get most in cereal and bread that is fortified

Meme- wow, that is interesting connection!!! Going to read it now.
In 1920, we eventually discovered insulin on a beagle
I never knew we studied diabetes in dogs prior to the insulin trials.
There is a really interesting documentary about the discovery. It follows the research, how lax rules for animal research were, and the eventual discovery and first little girl saved from diabetes. It's a great watch for anyone interested in medicine.

Thank you both so much!

My first round of ivf was cancelled due to a lack of follicles (each contains one egg, you want 8). I got one, but we get to begin again soon, and I'm very hopeful. Once we get ivf procedure, our chances are 60 percent per cycle or 85 percent within 2