View Single Post
  #557   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 05:05

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I've been thinking about the less obvious things lately, as I notice them, and one is I found myself walking downstairs carrying something and not having to shift it so I could cling to the railing with one hand. My balance is better, as my legs are more able to carry my weight. So now, as an additional balancing exercise, I make it a point to not hang on to the railing going up and down stairs.

I also notice that I am comfortably crossing my legs all the time now when I sit, which means fidgeting and swinging my foot more. There was a study done about the obese versus lean and figeting some years back.
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/28/h...study-says.html

Overweight people have a tendency to sit, while lean ones have trouble holding still and spend two hours more a day on their feet, pacing around and fidgeting...

The difference translates into about 350 calories a day...

It is the predisposition to be inactive that leads to obesity, and not the other way around, they suggest.

I think Gary Taubes had something to say about that in one of his books, but I don't remember exactly which way it went.

Anyway, I noticed a big difference from being over 200 lbs to being under in just feeling like moving more. Any movement. It's a good thing.