View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-16-17, 10:57
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

My GP is a naturopath, so she's a bit unconventional to start with. She said she was very happy for me, and asked how I did it. I explained, and she said, "Ah, intuitive eating," and I agreed. (I don't eat until I'm hungry, eat to satiety, eat what I'm hungry for, eat the best quality foods I can find, and don't use food to deal with non-food problems.)

Most importantly, to me, she understands that this is the way I eat now, and the way I need to eat, and that it's an ever-evolving and refining voyage of discovery, and is happy to partner with me in this.

I am astonished by the `advice' that includes the caveat that it isn't realistic to think that we will eat like this "forever", that sooner or later we have to go back to `eating normally'. Yeah? Who could make me?

We had a long-time poster here who once wrote that before he went back to existing the way he had before he lost the weight he would end his life with his own hand. Anybody who doesn't understand the perspective that would make someone say this doesn't even have a voice in the discussion. Most people won't and can't get this, and that's okay. But if you choose to speak with authority on this topic, better be able to support your words.