View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Nov-12-11, 14:58

Plan: 2 daily LC meals mostly
Stats: 198/000/149 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 404%

Hi!

I'm on CAD ( with lot's of tweaks) and I came across these threads about not counting carbs. I have a question: those of you who do not count carbs, do you give yourself a time limit for each meal? I always time myself- I'm maintaining right now with about 25 pounds yet to lose. I consume 2 meals a day- lunch and dinner. I never want breakfast and I'm doing great at maintaining! I eat whatever I want during these 2 meals ( high carb and low carb- whatever I want) however, I time myself. I keep it generally at 30 minutes each meal, sometimes 35 for one and 25 for the next. But I never ever go beyond 60 minutes a day for 2 meals. This is just something I found out that works for me; and I must emphasize that this is for maintaining , not losing. ( I have zero cravings, too). Oh, every night I chew several sticks of sugarless gum for a "snack"- chocolate mint dessert gum is my favorite!

I read an article saying it's good to maintain your weight for awhile before going to the next phase of losing. The only trouble is that I'm having so much fun maintaining that I'm procrastinating about going on to the losing phase. However, I like the fact that you guys eat low carb to lose, so what I plan to do is start losing again , keeping low carb for both meals, not counting the carbs, per se, but keeping to the same timing. I think that may help me to start losing again! I plan to begin Monday- of course.

I just wanted to share with everyone about an easy way for me to maintain between weight loss phases. But I want to start eating low carb, not counting carbs to lose, like you guys do.

I welcome all responses to my post!

SeaLady