Old Tue, Nov-21-17, 13:50

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releas...70606135754.htm

Also the bit about people eating less whole bread due to the high fiber count is a likely bit of hooey. Maybe scientists should reference all of their statements, not just those in science journals. Whole wheat never slowed me down any.
Yeah, in fact when I read this my first thought was “packaged, processed white bread, blech. But freshly baked whole wheat sourdough? I could really chow down on that!” Though of course I don’t, but there are times I really miss it.

I used to vacation out in the country in New Brunswick, Canada every summer. There was a German farmwife who had a bakery at her farm and made the most amazing 🍞 bread. I loved her 7-grain bread - nothing in it but the 7 grains, sea salt, yeast, farm well water, and a tad of honey. I would eat that bread at every meal! But her other breads were all awesome too. Even after I went LCHF I would allow myself that bread during my two weeks up there in the summer. And yet it never affected my health in the way commercial breads in the US did.

But luckily those commercial breads have no appeal for me at all. Very easy to avoid. But theses studies? Yeah, never a “no bread” option.

Lately I’ve read some silly articles pushed on me by Facebook or Google about the perils of gluten-free eating. One doctor’s take was that people would suffer malnutrition because of missing out on all the good vitamins and minerals in bread. What? White bread flour that has been stripped bare of nutrients of any sort and then had selected vitamins and minerals added back in? That’s what people are missing out on? Sheesh, give ‘em a vitamin pill doc.