View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-11, 07:12

Plan: Very low carb
Stats: 218/205.4/158 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi all. I have been completely off of sugar now for several weeks and am so glad I just took the plunge and did it. Trying to adjust anything while still eating sugar was just crazy making for me. Whew!!

Mean time, in early December I started taking a number of amino acid supplements ala The Diet Cure by Julia Ross. I'm convinced that helped me stabilize my moods, etc. and come off the sugar.

Although I don't have a lot of experience with PNP, I did recently realize something valuable I learned as part of that program. I have developed a very stable breakfast that is satisfying, and that holds me until lunch time without getting hungry. One day last week, I left out a key ingredient which drastically reduced the protein content. I didn't even realize it until mid morning I was famished. What happened next was like a bad movie. That set me up to have a crazy craving/eating day. I'm convinced there is a connection!

I'm very glad to have found what seems to be working for me in a good breakfast.

Even though I am still signed up for several of the Yahoo PNP lists, I never post to them. I sometimes read the summaries that come daily to my Inbox. Occassionally something good comes by. Kathleen e-mailed me the other day to "ask me how I was doing." I chose not to respond. Don't want to go there.

Hope everyone else who is using all or part of PNP for healing is doing well today! Just thought I would share that little experience.

DG