View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:12

Plan: CAD
Stats: 240/180/120 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Brand New Here... Have Candida ??

Hi all,

My name is Wendy and I'm new to this forum. I believe I have Candida. I've been low carbing 3 1/2 months and have only lost 7 lbs. My stomach is swollen and really uncomfortable. I have horrible sinus headaches that are really weird. It feels like I have a layer of fuzz under my forehead. When I first started LC'ing I had a burst of energy, but it has waned and now I'm really tired alot and trouble concentrating to do my job. My memory is shot.

I thought I had cut out all the candida foods, but Atkins says cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and heavy cream are ok. I was also told to eat yougurt every day. I know there is some debate about dairy and was wondering what you all think. I've heard some carbs are ok, and to stay away from all of them except non-starchy veggies. I see debate about rice and other carbs.

I'm breaking down and going to the doctor this week and asking for nystatin. I hear diet alone doesn't fix this. I'm takind acidophilus but have no idea if I'm taking enough. I take 2 of the (1 billion) capsules a day. They are not refrigerated.

I'm desparate to feel better and am considering doing a water amd lemon juice fast for a week and then adding in meats & veggies. Raw veggies seem to bloat me up alot. Does thins happen because of candida?

I'm begining to think I've had this a long time. I hear candida can cause internal problems like endometriosis, and I've had 5 adbominal surgeries over the last 5 years that ended in a hysterectomy.

I just plain fell like crap so much of the time that it a cause for great celebration when I do feel good.

Wendy
180/173/120
Sponsored Links