#10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 12:30

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brickie
okay my little girl who is ten has this stuff severe. She has been to her dermatologist for awhile and prescribes some stuff thats 120 a bottle and looks like mousse. It seems to help a little but then she says it itches and she scratches till her head is just bleeding. So I started the coconut oil, have done it twice, is there anything you all know of to help the itching? She shampoos every day with some prescribed shampoo, but says her head still just itches. Please help she has extremely long dark dark brown hair and she is very worried about her schoolmates seeing this stuff.

Oh my...I can SOOOO relate! When I first developed this at age 13, I would literally put baby oil on a Q-Tip and dab it on my part so that the white patches wouldn't show. Did it help w/ the itching? No - just made my hair look greasy! (okay...I was young and didn't understand what was going on at that time - and yes, I had/have long dark brown hair, too!)

Seriously, the first thing I would do is to NOT have her wash her hair every day - I know, sounds terrible, but she's essentially washing away all the natural oils off her scalp, therefore drying her scalp out TOO much and causing the itching. The itching COULD also be a sign that her scalp is starting to heal - it's not going to be easy, but she really does have to try to NOT SCRATCH. It took three treatments before my scalp was clear and all itching was gone.

I battled w/ this stuff for over 30 years before I tried the coconut oil - and my scalp is STILL clear! I'm really anxious to hear if it works for your daughter as well - please keep me posted, 'k?