Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 08:48
Registered Member

Plan: Easy Low Carb Living
Stats: 158/118/120
BF:
Progress: 105%
Cool Long Term Maintenance

I have been on maintenance for just over 2 years now

I actually am just a bit under my goal weight (and this is my revised goal weight, which I was reluctant to share initially cause I wasn't sure I could do it) - being on maintenance has been relatively easy for me

In the two years, my weight has varied no more than 3 pounds in either direction. I do not really binge, although I do occasionally have some dark chocolate as a treat. I do most of our cooking to control my carbs more effectively. I do like lots of flavor and variety, I am just careful about how I get it. After a while it just seems to become second nature. I don't even think of bread as part of my food plan

It may be easier for me now that my husband is also LCing - I don't worry about trying to do something different for him that won't tempt me. He is as dedicated as I am, although he can have more carbs than me and still maintain. We are convinced that this is the healthiest way to eat

We still keep daily dairies and weigh ourselves weekly to stay on top of where we are. It really helps to track things and then review them. We do a weekly summary and I do charts so we can follow our progress. It is not that time consuming and it sure helps to keep things from getting away from you

Cheers to all. I know you will get there, and once there, it is easier to maintain than you think

Pat
www.lowcarbliving.ca