View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-18, 17:11

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I've gotten a lot of help with Overeaters Anonymous. If you don't care for OA, there are other groups. The main thing, in my opinion, is the group camaraderie & accountability. One of the things I've learned (& don't know if I read it here or at an OA site) is this:

One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up instead of what they have to gain. (Rick Godwin)

This was brought home to me when I was describing my diet to someone - she sighed & said, "I wish I could eat butter."

So I started thinking about all the food that I can eat & that I love - which is all of it. There is nothing on my LCHF diabetic diet that doesn't taste good. Admittedly, I'm a pretty good cook, but I don't like recipes that call for esoteric ingredients or have an ingredient list longer than my arm. Everything is pretty simple - but delicious.

Yesterday I tried a new recipe for a tuna & vegetable casserole - easy & delicious! Today I made Eggs Florentine, something that is so easy I make it pretty often. Frozen spinach or Swiss chard make it extra easy. I also make a bread substitute with almond flour that's really easy. I made it today & was telling my husband I've gotten lazy. There are lots of different recipes for fake bread but this one is simple, fast, & tasty.

When we have a celebration we always have broiled rib eye. Pricey, but oh so good! I buy it on sale & stash it in the freezer until it's time to celebrate something. But make sure it's high quality meat. I bought some at Walmart that was just awful - the meat was lean! What's the point of low fat rib eye?

You like pizza - there are lots of different lchf recipes with pizza-like taste. My thing is ice cream & I found that sugar-free panna cotta makes a great substitute.

I hope you find some recipes that work for you. Good luck!