View Single Post
  #382   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 12:59

Plan: Atkins/CAD??
Stats: 171/154/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 65%

I appreciate the info from all of you. The more the merrier. So, if my son wants 2nds or 3rds, then he needs to make sure that there are equal portions of protein, veggies and carbs, right? Sounds easy enough. And dessert is anything he wants, as much as he wants? Or should I try to curtail that too? I don't want RM to be dessert binging time.

You mentioned 1 complimentary snack -- can you give me an example of this "snack"?

Being on Atkins my usual routine --

Normally, I like 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon for breakfast. I wait to get to the office to have my coffee with creamer. (Oh, the "creamer" -- actually half & half, I just call it creamer.) Should I switch to just regular milk? Lunch is usually chicken salad or a protein style burger with a diet soda.

I will do away with my afternoon snack, promise. And dinner is usually, some type of steak, chicken, or shimp (or a combination) with cheese and broccoli (or artichoke with butter) with diet soda. For an after dinner snack I have SF jello with heavy cream.

Changes needed to switch to CAD:

No snacking.
Make sure my dessert is during my 1 hour RM
and add Carbs to my dinner (RM).

Is that right?

Do you guys see anything wrong with Diet sodas? I try to stay away from the ones with Citric acid - they effect my weight loss.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

PS -- word of honesty -- I'm still stunned that CAD allows bread, real bread -- with butter -- wow.