View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 22:00

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

"Is this a good rule to stick to, or do you think it's irrelevant if it's essentially carbless and all fat and protein?" I don't really know, but everyone I've ever asked about this who is thin and in good shape doesn't eat after 7 or 8 pm. I can't sleep if I'm hungry so...not sure about that. I probably wouldn't do carbs right before bed because they make me hungry.

"Why does she suggest carbs in the morning?"
They give you energy and you have all day to burn them off.

"I think what may help you is how you are combining your carbs/proteins."
"Give me more details if you think it's something I can apply to how I'm eating"
You can get her books at the library and just read what she says about combining foods, and about carbs. The first one is called Eat Great, Lose Weight and the second Get Skinny on Fabulous Food by Suzanne Somers. What I would do is look at everything you eat, figure out what is a carb and what is a protein - and see how you are combining them. You might be one of the carb sensitive types that would lose weight easier if you were to keep them separate - which would mean switching up some of your recipes ... experiment for a week and see if it works for you. I understand about doing carbs pre and post workout. You could just make sure your timing is right before switching back to protein.
I hope this helps - and good luck!
You've actually inspired me to try a vegan meal once a week.
- Kat