#18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-07, 02:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/153.2/110 Female 5'2"
BF:42%/40%/25%
Progress: 14%

Hi HK Low Carb,

Wow, you have so much energy to go shopping! Well, I mostly eat out because I live alone with my two cats.

I live in Park Island and the closest Park n Shop does not have any good low carb goodies. Don't even have the ready made salads

I guess it's just too convenient in HK so I tend to eat outside.

For nuts, you may go to Gateway, it's a basement supermarket in Sheung Wan that sells US goods. You can get a big jar of mixed nuts for about HK$160, I mean really big jar. You will also find sugarless jello at Gateway, which used to be available in City Super but suddenly disappeared...

As for sweeteners, you may try "Kin Yi Fong", it's a "health shop" with orange logo in most MTR stations. You can get the 50-50 sweeteners, that's better than sweet n low. City Super also carries that brand but it's cheaper at "Kin Yi Fong". There are also some low carb cookies but then it's only available at City Super.

If you are a sweet tooth, then you must try the Sugarless Chocolate Truffle. I got it once at City Super but then it disappeared.

I try to cut down on these low carb snacks now but then I am "wai sik" hehe... Well keep in touch, OK?