View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-06, 05:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%

Great Idea! I am comming just tell me when and I'll be there. It would be nice to meet face to face and talk about things in person and meet new people.
Eggs are great - I have 2 in the morning and 1 hard boiled as a snack (I always keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge) and I add them to tuna saled and such. Sometimes at work we get Shakshuka plenty of eggs there. I understand that there is something in eggs that helps with high LDL cholesterol. The total cholesterol is not as important as the ratio between HDL and LDL. If the HDL is relatively high in its range and the LDL is low in its range you are O.K. and you don't have to worry about your cholesterol.
Of course fow fat cheese has more carbs - that is how they make it low fat. We have been brain washed to think that fat is bad for you but if you read the scientific evidence in the Atkins books or on the sites you will see that this is not true.

Yael - 2 yogurts a day might be a lot since I have never found a really low carb one. If you have found one I would like to know about it. I have cottege cheese (3 carbs in the tub) or sometimes sour cream 15% fat (6.2 carbs). I also snack on triangle Gvina mutechet (0.025 carbs each) and yellow gilboah cheese.

Anybody know how many carbs in Dalorit? Or at least what it is called in english so I can look it up?
lehitraot
Marnina