View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 20:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/170/130
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hai girls!

Sorry for the long absence. Busy week for me *bleah*. Anyways, good to see that we are still talking with each other here! (YAY!). Hmm ... where do I start? I know some good halal buffet places. I used to frequent them alot but not now. Dunno if I can tahan seeing all the sweetie stuff (the tarts, cakes, puddings ALL look soooooo YUMMY!). One place is the hotel next to Lido (opposite Far East Plaza). What's the name now? Hotel Park Royal? They serve good food! YUMS! BTW, I'd attack the salmon sashimi too, Fumih ... heehee.

Rina, sometimes the "unacceptable" food we take may affect weight loss, or not. What I meant is, the DANDR book gave a list of acceptable foods so you ONLY eat what is on the list. Avoid everything else that is not listed. However, everyone's body reacts differently to food. Example, if you eat potatoes (which is NOT on the acceptable food list), you may not gain weight. But for some others, they may put on some weight after eating them. So, like Fumih, I practice discretion. Sometimes I eat more than 20g carbs a day. I'd monitor my weight/inches for a few days to see if the extra carb will make me gain weight. If I keep losing, I know that whatever "sinful" food I eat does not affect my weight loss. I do take note not to eat too often or too much of it though. Sometimes I indulge in some unacceptable foods, but I exercise alot too. I guess it's a win-win thing.

Fumih, I think you're talking about the CCLL ie. Critical Carbohydrate Level for Losing which refers to our daily threshold of carb consumption. If you stay below this level, you will experience ongoing weight loss. If you go above it, your weight loss stalls. How do you determine this? You just incrementally increase the qty of carb you eat beyond the salad and one cup serving of vegetables allowed during Induction. Example, increase from 20g to 25g. As long as you keep losing weight steadily, go up another 5g the following week and continue until you reach a number at which you stop losing. That's your CCLL. Above it, you lose no more, or you BEGIN TO GAIN! Below it, you continue to lose. I personally think that if you incorporate exercise, you may be able to enjoy more carbs .

Rina, the 1/2 - 1 cup of sweetener refers to powder sweetener. I use the measuring cup for baking. Sweet 'N Low, Equal, Nutrasweet are all aspartame-based sweeteners for diabetics. Splenda and Stevia are the same only that they don't contain aspartame.

Women Ultra Mega is a supplement. When you do LC, you have to take supplements. However, WUM contains iron. Xenadrine, Zantrex, etc are weight loss pills. Some contain caffeine so if you're allergic to caffeine, you should avoid them. On the whole, I think they work for some people especially if they exercise. The folks at GNC told me that Xenadrine makes your heart beat fast. I dunno if I want to go through that. Dr Atkins advised against taking weight loss pills when you're doing LC. I was thinking of taking them (like Fumih) but I'd like to hold it off and see if I can just keep losing weight by eating less carbs.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links