Plan: Less than 30 grams a day
Stats: 259/241/155 Female 69 inches
BF:Yes
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinbr
I follow Dr. Davis's plan.

Just to give you a few examples on D3.

My wife takes 8000iu's daily and her 25(OH)D level is around 60ng/ml now. She has been taking this dose for over a year. She started at 10,000 and her levels came in at 97ng/ml so we backed off the dose from 10,000 to 8000iu's daily.

We live in the Northeast on Long Island and we are both in our late 60s. As you get older you lose the ability to generate D3 from the sun as well.

I take 10,000 iu's daily and maintain a level of 67ng/ml.

Both my wife and I are heavy. I am 260 and 6 foot tall and my wife is 5' 7" and around 210.

The level required of D3 is influenced by weight among other things. A thin person will need less as compared to a heavy person.

I also take 1200mg of magnesium daily.

Hi Ralph, thanks for the input. I live in the NW where it's cloudy and rainy a lot plus with work and other things I do not get the opportunity to get outside nearly as much as I would like to so that's what I based my 10,000 IU a day to start on.

I'm wondering about the amount of magnesium you take per day. I'm currently taking a magnesium supplement that has 375mg (elemental magnesium) per day and a vitamin that has 600 mg (oxide & Glycinate) per day.

How did you arrive at the figure of 1200 mg per day for the maganesium?