View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 12:47

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thanks Buttoni. I look forward to reading the info in all those links.

I am making the focaccia even more often now. What a treat and so low carb. I made a pepper jack version of it last night and wrapped a piece around a brat. First sausage on a "roll" I've had since January 1 this year at least. It still kind of broke like a fold but stayed together well enough to eat nearly the entire brat holding it within it. I think forming pieces in to a sort of hot dog bun shape before its cool may be the trick. I tried re-baking and that didn't work. My wife had a good idea that a bump in the microwave with moist paper towels might make it more pliable too.

I dont get back here a lot, life had been crazy for me lately. But I wanted to see if you had replied. When making the focaccia last night I was using a fresh print of the recipe that also had your narrative...where you answered my question! I was working with a condensed print of it before and have made my notes refining my method.

I make the Jennifer Eloff's baking mix for your cheddar biscuits, but haven't found anything else to use it in. I haven't read everything out there obviously but where the recipe is, doesn't seem to offer any recipes to use it in...but I may have totally missed it. Any other success stories/recipes to share?