View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-17, 07:29

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I concur with Barb, above. You don't have to embrace "high fat" by adding anything extra. The point is eliminating starch and sugar as a baseline. Eating real food (no processed or packaged stuff). And eating real, fresh foods to a level of satisfaction and energy that works for you.

For some, eating any fat at all (after years of calorie counting) seems like "high fat." Butter, eggs, olive oil, and a little fat around the pork chop (if you can find one now that isn't trimmed completely lean!) have been off limits, and will forever feel like forbidden luxury.

I don't actually "count carbs" anymore. I just don't eat certain things: sugar (in any form). Starch (bread, potatoes, rice, corn, etc.) Nothing in a package with a list of ingredients. Pretty simple.

Green veggies, some fruits (berries, occasional melon), Greek yogurt. I'm probably headed for colon cancer because I like my chicken, fish, and pork chops grilled outdoors. Sigh. There are no final answers.

You are approaching this mindfully, and you'll do fine.

P. S. I'm 70 and have been LC since 2003. Other diets before that. Other than hypothyroid (for which I take a generic levothyroxine) I have no health issues that I know of. I think that's mainly dumb luck.