Old Mon, Mar-12-18, 04:48
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgey
We have Price Chopper here, and yesterday I picked up "fresh" riced cauliflower. Dole is the brand name. Just finely shredded cauli in a bag in the salad/produce section. I'm thinking I'll bake it with some cheese, though I'm wondering if it will produce a lot of liquid. I'll share my results.

Try tossing the fresh riced cauli with olive oil or melted butter, and herbs (or just s & p ), and maybe a finely chopped onion or shallot .. spread it in a greased casserole dish and roast (hot oven, like 450+) for 15 minutes or so. Stir it up at least once, to make sure it browns evenly. Top with shredded cheese, then finish it off . Roasting the cauli first will allow any excesss liquid to cook off, but I doubt there'll be much in the first place as this is fresh product, not defrosted from frozen. Alternately you could sauté the riced cauli in a large skillet on top of the stove, then finish it off in the oven with cheese on top.

Keep in mind there will be a "shrinkage factor" .. that bag of fresh riced cauli will cook down quite a bit