View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 16:13

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have a huge all American Aluminum pressure cooker I bought primarily for canning and have done some good meat in it too.

I'm in the market for a smaller electric one but just not sure if I should get a 2qt. or 4qt....or...

I want to be able to cook a whole cut up chicken and a sizeable roast, but want as small as I can get that will do that.

Anyone have an opinion on size? I'm cooking for two, but of course leftovers are a must.

I'll probably go to a brick and mortar store like Bed Bath and Beyond to look at some. An actual store is still really good to compare stuff like that in person...plus BB&B always has those 20% off coupons!

Carnitas are one of my favorites. Chunk up the meat, season it well, sear it on many sides, toss in the PC and cook till near fall-apart. Then, when you really want to do it proper, take those soft chunks to a cast iron griddle or skillet, throw in some tallow (beef fat, I trim fat off big hunks of beef and render it for cooking grease) and fry/griddle, adding some extra seasonings, mashing down but not breaking apart the chunks until you get a nice crust.

This is something I've done for some years now and always could eat with or without tortillas, so its an easy LC meal for me with some re-fried beans (Can make your own re-fried beans using lower carb beans than pintos) and a shredded iceberg lettuce bed topped with homemade guacamole.