View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 09:44

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Post Oldie makes newbie mistakes

Years ago when I was in my 20's, I lost weight on the LC WOL successfully but did not stick with it. After "re-attempting" Atkins and gaining this February, here are my mistakes that I finally figured out.

NUMERO UNO!
**You cannot eat as much as you did 10 years ago and lose weight!
I was eating any amount of protein I wanted and was gaining. My 30 year old body cannot handle all the food that my 20-something body could. Limiting my daily calories to 800 has helped this. (After trial and error of 1200, 1000 then 800.)

Number 2:
**Get off the meds. (Talk to your doctor.)
I was on Prozec and a bp med that hindered my weight loss and even made me gain.

Number 3:
**Continue to drink water until you go to sleep.
I stopped drinking water after 4pm because I did not have a convenient water cooler at home. I increased my water intake after 6pm and found that it curbs munchie cravings at night.

After limiting my calories to 800, stopping my meds and increasing my water, I have lost about 5 pounds in a week (I recently had hit my highest weight of 229.).

Good luck!
Julie

P.S. I know some will debate the calorie issue, but I think it is whatever works for you and my doctor agrees with this amount of calories for me.