View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-18, 14:45

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thanks Peggy, I had already found it and made it that day (Sunday)! I like it, its real simple. The hardest thing was getting it all spread really thin and even, I used a small roller and a bench knife around the edges, rolling it out, then cutting the excess from the sides using the bench knife and replacing using those bits wherever there was a hole or thin spot elsewhere. Tedious but worth the effort in the end.

I used fresh grated parm and was a little worried because the parm was a little stringy shaped rather than more crumbly or granular like "shaker" cheese, but I think it made for a fine product in the end. It was nowhere near salty enough for me, but the fresh parm may not be as salty. I could not really make out the pepper either, weirdly enough and I used the 3/4 tsp. No worries, flavor intensity can be adjusted, the texture was very good...a basic seed cracker my adult daughter who loves to cook herself said.

I'll step on the flavors next time, maybe use some granulated bouillon for the salt, that always adds great flavor, I make a version of lavash bread crackers, hand rubbing olive oil on the sheets then sprinkling with chicken bouillon granules, its pretty good...and another with my home made cajun/creole seasoning. After realizing these crackers were too bland for me, I spritzed the surface with water, then shook on some Cajun seasoning and popped them back in the over to set that up. I also hand tested each cracker and turned any soft ones over and back in the oven until crisp. It's labor intensive but made great crackers. I just finished the last of them with some chicken salad on them...really good...definitely a keeper recipe. A lot of variations could be used. They didn't need re-crisping at all in a sealed container on the counter for 4 days.

I used a pizza roller cutter for most of the cutting and a knife where that wouldn't get all the way to the edge. I might try a stoneware or other flat pan next time to avoid the rim. Had to pre-cut then re-cut, which was pretty much your directions, but I cut all the way through the first time and the joints melted back together a bit.

A lot of ways to eat them. Walmart sells some dip/spreads that have some pretty good numbers, I like the jalapeno artichoke. Tastes really good on these crackers which remind me of a better version of the Scandinavian Bran Crispbread...but with more flavor and chew.