View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 07:41

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Peggy,

I just baked a casserole style cheese steak concoction last night on the back deck! Kept that heat out of the house. I have a cooking frying station in my garage too...6 burner cook-top and deep fryers. I air condition the garage in the summer but it recovers from my ventilation when cooking pretty quickly and keeps those heavy cooking smells out of the house.

I used a whole large box of steakums, fried them all up on a flat iron griddle and blotted them on paper towels. Then quick fried on nuclear heat onions and jalapenos to get that char on them but not cook through. Mixed up some softened cream cheese and mayo with Worcestershire, garlic and onion granules, salt and coarse black pepper. Chopped the meat and layered the meat, veggies and a can of mushrooms lightly chopped and blotted dry, mixed all together thoroughly while adding in a couple cups of Colby jack. Baked 350 for about a half our. Scooped out servings in to Josephs pita pockets (low carb pitas, available on Netrition, and to my pleasant surprise at my local Walmart too!). A great way to get that "philly"-ish sandwich in low carb form. Those Josephs pitas separate in to pockets better than a lot of regular pitas, so one pita makes 2 solid "pockets". The casserole style made it easy to serve and the leftovers will be easy too.

I am heading toward your "fried" veggies here soon. Looking forward to those experiments.

The lavash bread pizza is still a regular for us, at least twice a month. I have the method down solid now and its good every time. I've been experimenting with your focaccia, making another caraway seed version, and made my wife a rosemary version at her request. I plan to finally make an italian version and use as pizza crust. My thought is to put the pan on the bottom rack near the element so the bottom gets cooked the most, but pull it a little early. Then flip that hopefully well browned bottom up for the sauce and topping and what was the top (now bottom) hopefully still soft enough to cook well without burning for the actual pizza bake time. Should be fun!