#18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 15:53

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Glad you're enjoying the chicken coating, Ken. Here's a link to the fish coating and the veggies I've tried it on: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/?s=Oven-fried Works divinely on eggplant slices, too!

Thanks! I was about to revisit this. So hot outside to be baking, but thats what I bought a large portable oven for! I can now bake on my back deck!

I was thinking about using some zucchini sticks with breading as "fries". Funny thing...I finally got some sugar free ketchup and used some on smoked sausage eaten like hot dogs (yes I know, some shudder at the thought of ketchup on hot dogs...I like mustard and ketchup both) in your (Buttoni's) focaccia formed when still warm out of the oven in to hot dog roll shapes then allowed to cool. (they actually held together throughout the entire "dog" eating)...but I haven't found anything since to use the ketchup with.

I know you dont like to fry, but have you tried frying vegetables using the egg dip and breading method like you do with the fried chicken? I'll likely try it but thought to ask. Usually anything coated like that, that will stay together in a deep pan fry, would hold up in a deep fryer. I can see a lot of possibilities...like deep fried mozzarella! Also that coating (egg dip method) could bring back my baked jalapeno poppers!