View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, May-17-15, 10:58

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I was told that stress causes a lot of this but it might also be getting older, who knows.
Maybe it's the last 30 years of pushing cattle feed in the form of high fiber health bars and being encouraged to consume huge amounts of fiber for good health that has done this to us.
I remember weight watchers having us eat more fiber than I ever could, back in the day.
Honestly, if you think about it, our digestive system is not like a cow's. They regurgitate their food several times and re-chew it before it goes down for good. If you have ever seen a cow's poop, it is pure liquid and not whole.
That's why humans have been milling and grinding these seeds for who knows how long and along came the low fat, high fiber mentality that made us think that we need to eat like a cow/horse to be healthy.
I had one bout of this a couple of years ago that kept me sick for several months. Horrible pain and most doctors told me that I was too young to have this..so that wasn't what I had.

Until I found an older Internist and he pushed really hard on the area with both of his hands together and although it hurt very bad at the time, I began to recover after that for the first time in months. Something must have been lodged in that place where the intestines make that last 90degree turn. He had a chart up on the wall and showed me where it was.
I eat a lot of fresh veggies now and always well cooked.

Back years ago I used to hear many older people including my mother, talk about staying away from nuts and I always thought it was because of their teeth but now I think it was this condition that made them stay off of nuts/seeds. She would also say that anything raw was very hard to digest....