View Single Post
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:58
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power (loosly)
Stats: 165/158/158 Female 5'8"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 100%

Steaks, I think where ever we find "me" that's where life starts to get good. I think I am in that process now, at least I hope so. As for you and yours, there is nothing like working together to 'come to' (as it says in step 2 of the 12) I have worked with so many people in recovery that did not have the support of the spouse and either the client relapsed or the relationship ended. I am so proud of you and your family for hanging in there together, now look at what you have...My deceased husband did try recovery and when he worked at it he was wonderful, but he couldn't hang in there. Too many relapses and too many smashed hopes. So we parted. Then only five years later he developed pancreatic cancer that had spread to his liver. I always wonder how I would have held up as his 'wife' when he was going through that. I was in PA and he was here in Tennessee with my son. (my son never talks about what it was like for him) So now my son and I are back together and living in the same apartment where he lived with his father. I think this move to a new house will be good for both of us.