#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 08:59
Registered Member

Plan: LC after breakfast
Stats: 150/146/135 Female 5'5"
BF:yes I have it.
Progress: 27%
Default recipe reviews

Hi all, I have been experimenting with the recipes in the collection. (the archived recipes from the SS Boards compiled by Jell.) Here are my thoughts so far on the recipes. Remember they are only mine...tastes obviously differ.

The Chicken Boursin is very good. I made it with more sour cream, not as much heavy cream, and used bone-in chicken pieces for more flavor. DH had it with real egg noodles and I had zuchini noodles.****
Eggplant Lasagna with Beef also very good. Watery the first day, would make earlier next time. But very good.***
Try playing with cauliflower casseroles. I love mine made with little cream and american cheese mixed thru the pured cauliflower. I knew american cheese had to be good for something.I also use a touch of KETO "bread crumbs" with butter on the top. It's like adding 1 carb. That is a great product****
I've made DebB pro/fat buns twice and they are OK and work to hold on to as a sandwich. You don't need a muffin tin, just spread out in circles on a cookie sheet. Cook until pretty dry, otherwise they will be eggy, not bready***
Didn't like the profat pancakes. They looked just pancakes, they tasted just like eggs.
Stuffed cabbage worked pretty well. But the cauliflower pieces melted away while cooking. I probably wouldn't bother with them next time.**
Nix on the gruntles pizza crust. Lots of work, tasted like eggs and porkrinds... First piece OK, second was hard to get down. My DH said, "So this diet works because it actually kills your appetite." Remember, it's just my opinion.
Eggplant Bread , now this is what I use for making pizzas. Once I dredged the slices in egg and a little KETO crumbs and then broiled the finished product with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. GOOD!***
Raspberry Mousse, recipe for my taste had too much cream cheese, too heavy and cheesey. Next time I will try just berries and whipped cream!
I think every recipe has to be evaluated and adjusted to one's own tastes, I usually lessen the cream and sugar. I think I like things just a bit lighter than most.
So, Friends, I've been like a mad scientist playing with these. Try some and give us your reviews.....I for one am always interested in what others make. Nancy
Sponsored Links