View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 10:05

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Oil pulling. I have Ramiel Nagel's book Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition (2007) and have not started it yet - but, there is the index. So far I've looked up toothpaste (don't use flouride!) so I've got to get something else. Looked up homemade toothpaste and came across The Truth About Flouride and Homemade Toothpaste Recipe and oil pulling. Also mentioned in the book.

Coconut Oil Pulling Benefits & How-to Guide

video Coconut Oil Pulling Benefits and How to Do Oil Pulling 10-1-2014 Dr. Axe

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ oil pulling search results

Comparative Evaluation of Antiplaque Efficacy of Coconut Oil Pulling and a Placebo, Among Dental College Students: A Randomized Controlled Trial. 9-1-2017

Results:The mean plaque scores showed a significant difference at baseline, third day and seventh day among both study (p<0.001) and control groups (p<0.001). Group wise comparison revealed, though the mean plaque scores were low among study group on third day and seventh day on comparison with the control group, significant difference was noticed only on the seventh day. Furthermore, the mean percentage reduction of plaque scores were also significant only on the seventh day with a high mean plaque reduction among study groups (p<0.001).

Conclusion:Oil pulling is effective in controlling plaque levels.

Tooth brushing, oil pulling and tissue regeneration: A review of holistic approaches to oral health 4-2011

Oil pulling is a powerful detoxifying Ayurvedic technique that has recently become very popular as a CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) remedy for many different health ailments. Using this method, surgery or medication could be prevented for a number of chronic illnesses. The oil therapy is preventative as well as curative. The exciting aspect of this healing method is its simplicity. Ayurveda advises oil gargling to purify the entire system; as it holds that each section of the tongue is connected to different organ such as to the kidneys, lungs, liver, heart, small intestines, stomach, colon, and spine, similarly to reflexology and TCM.