View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 18:29

Plan: Carb Counting
Stats: 218/205/140 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone! So I wanted to post in this thread again as I went against all of your advice and decided to see what would happen if I ate under 200 carbs a day. I decided to just do it for a week, see what happens and then go from there. Thought you would appreciate knowing what happened since I am using myself as a human guniea pig.

First off, even reaching 200 was challenging. I wasn’t trying to eat 200 carbs a day but only got close to that number if I still felt hungry and like I needed carbs. My average carb intake for that week was 175. Weight lost? None.

This week I’ve lowered my intake max to 150 carbs a day. I’ve had to watch a little more carefully to make sure I don’t go over this amount, but it has not been difficult. So far the scale has not moved but my weigh in day is on Monday. Once I get on the scale on Monday, I’ll decide what I want my carb intake to be for the next week.

I’m sure some of you might think I’m crazy in doing this. I tried searching everywhere for someone else who slowly decreased the number of carbs they ate every week until they found out specifically how many carbs They needed specifically for themselves to maintain a 1-2lb weight loss. I didn’t find anything so hopefully someone, somewhere will find this information helpful.

And if that doesn’t happen, then my other goal is to slowly adjust to eating less carbs so I don’t go crazy from a massive lifestyle change going from 200 carbs to 20 carbs a day.