View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-15, 13:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Ah, the fights with our carb addicted selves are epic, aren't they?

I had to be really honest with myself, and realize that it WASN'T being nice to say yes to junk, it was giving myself an out to eat something I wanted to eat, anyway. WOW, that hurt!

It was only then that I realized that it really isn't about other people's ideas of me, it's about MY idea of me. Am I a person who keeps my commitments to my own health, or do I look for excuses to go off plan? Again, OW OW OW!!

JustJo talks about fat Jo a lot, and how she fights to keep her at bay. I had to realize that the Micki who gave herself permission to eat bags full of dried fruit last winter was NOT the Micki I wanted to be, and she cared more about feeding the carb addiction than about her own health. So I had to make her a third party to this endeavor, too, following Jo's thought process. After all, we may love an addict. we may think an addict is good at heart, if it weren't for their addiction. But, deep down, we can never trust an addict, because, until they acknowledge that the addiction means more to them than ANYTHING or ANYONE, including themself, they can't turn away from the addiction.

For me, fast approaching my 65th birthday, that realization came a little late in the game! But at least it came.