Old Thu, Jun-28-12, 11:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/230/180 Female 66"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledonia
Hey everyone,

I am returning to atkins after a few years..

Was just a bit concerned about exercise...

I am on day 3 of induction..

I do Zumba twice a week and am starting training for a womans 10k race.

I have had conflicting advice about my way of eating affecting how I excersise.

I would appreciate any info or recommendations you can give me from your own experience.

Thanx
Cally

Yea... I'm concerned about the same thing. At this time, there's no way I could train for any race, but I do relish some "extreme" workouts (for a woman in the shape I'm in). This could mean walking on the treadmill at 3.5 at an 8 incline for an hour... going straight to weights after.

Since I eat low carb, I REALLY feel the drain.... but I dare not deviate from the low carb regime due to the fact that I know my blood sugar would go nuts.

In my earlier years... (I was a gymnast... then later I was into body building), my trainers would insist on a clean carb 2 hours before a workout.. a combo of protein and carb within 1/2 hour after. Point being that I would need the energy from the carb... but would need to have an empty stomache before working out to avoid vomiting.

May I suggest.... (and I haven't tried this yet because I am attempting to keep my carbs as close to zero as possible), a low glycemic way of eating which allows some clean carbs.

It sounds to me like you'll need the boost with what you do.

Also, may I say ... GOD BLESS YA.. I wish I could train for a 10k. Last week I made the mistake of going right to 175 on adductors and abductors.. I just did it by some old habit not realizing at that point that I was coming back in at 145. WOW.. what a week that was after

Good luck to you!