View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 17:30

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Low Carb Newbie (and Oldy) Mistakes

Karen, Congratulationa, you have done it again!!!

I had to stop in and visit this new thread of yours because it hit home so accuratley and decisevly.

I have not visited my log due to the fact that I have been unable to successefuly succumb all the chocolate, fruit. and sugar temptations, since Xmas.

I have started out fresh each morning with an excellent low carb light breakfast, but either lunch, dinner, or both have been my undoing. Posting my daily menu in my log would only prove my weakness.

It is very refreshing to learn that there have been a fair number of Low Carbers that have found themselves in my boat, since Xmas.

Here are samples of my downfall:

(a) one slice of thin rye toast either for breakfast or lunch, practically every day.
(b) a fresh large Washington juicy sweet 'Delicious' Apple nearly very day.
(c) Walk every afternnon to an outside Coffee window (with a neighbour and my Schnauzer) for a Cuban Coffee (with sugar).
This locally known "coffasitto" is drunk throughtout the Miami region. It really peps you up for the rest of the day. This has become a daily ritual.
(d) My wife has been baking excellent chocolate coated biscottis, and leaving them lying handily around the house.

The sad truth is that I don't seem to be trying very hard to change this WOE back to proper low carb.

Regards
Joe

P.S.- Karen, you must stay awake all night thinking up all your great "threads'. Keep up the good work.