#77   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 14:04
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 231/225/170
BF:
Progress: 10%

JudyAh,

Thanks for your reply. Had a great time in the Keys and was able to stay away from the Margaritas, cookies, brownies and popcorn that everyone else was having. It wasn't too hard, but I sure would have liked a few of them!! Of course, my husband indulged in all of it and came back 2 pounds lighter Me....I came back without a budge on the scale. I know I shouldn't look and I'm trying to think of how much better my insides are. I am fitting into some slacks I couldn't do before and my vital numbers are much improved.

My blood pressure is well back to normal. It turned out to be my thyroid meds. They needed to be lowered......yahoo . I attribute this, too, as a sign of "inside" improvement. I am still taking my calcium/mag and C.

If you get a chance to read SS book "...Eat,Cheat and Melt the Fat Away", please do as I would enjoy hearing your thoughts about it. I do like that SS allows for good carbs(I.e. fiber cereals, whole grains, etc.) as long as you don't combine them with any fat, hence the need for non-fat milk +/or non-fat plain yogurt. I think this would help with my "regularity" problem. Since I don't see any changes on the scales, it is hard for me to really judge which way or combo of ways are working for me. Getting a blood cholesterol test every few weeks isn't quite feasible.

One eating item that I don't seem to be able to figure out is my morning drink. Any thoughts on how to improve it?

Ingredients for Drink:
1 cup water
1 scoop whey protein powder( trace carbs)
3/4 cup frozen fruit
1-2 Tbs. Udo's Oil
1 Tbs. Udo's Green Food
1 packet Splenda( I noticed it has 22 grams carbs listed, so I
changed to a non-insulin raising real sweetner)

According to SS, this would be a no-no because I am mixing a protein with a fruit. According to SP, I think this would be fine. I don't know how else to get my Udo's Oil and Greens and still be able to drink it!

Thanks again......Carrot